Friday, January 1, 2010

Together……. Forever……..

Together……. Forever……..

A snap shot on my desk for my approval,

A floral braid, vermillion forehead, a petite belle;

For my life partner, my mother’s best proposal.

The snap shot on my desk, my life partner, this belle.

Through the summers, with our now adult children,

A complete family, now with their spouse and children.

Amidst diabetes, B P, cataract and all travails,

Into our sunset years; and pronto – our golden jubilee hails.

The postings, the promotions, the retirement,

Pre natal, postnatal tensions, and life’s commitments;

Shaky hands, waned legs, grayed hair, balded pate,

The belle in the snap shot remains by me, my eternal mate.

Did we go through life, or did life go past us?

We didn’t realize how the years saunter.

The journey we started together, continues,

So do the squabbles, the irate tones, the wants & don’t wants.

No- nothing seems to have changed,

Yet times have certainly changed.

And through all this, we stand by one another,

Life partners, forever and ever…….

Prakash F Madhwani

24th Aug 2009

This poem is dedicated to those lucky few couples, who have completed their golden anniversary; a commendable achievement indeed.

No comments: