Friday, January 1, 2010

Home coming

I retrieve and darn your moth smitten

Tattered booties and mittens;

I knitted them for you – my baby

Before we heard your first cry.

Wow! How time has flown,

Soon, you flew out to a world unknown,

Your spouse, your tots, I barely know,

Attached or Distanced, like a tree and its bough.

I look up at the smiling half moon,

I smile and recall – as a tiny tot

Your love for the glowing full moon,

Wanting it to play, Oh! How you fought.

Oh! Its been years and years,

Since I saw you, your wife, your tiny tots,

The best tiding of your visit home – in full lot,

Drowns the sorrowful tears, with joyous tears.

I smile back at the smiling half moon too,

As I await your short break – coming home,

Stare at the endless list of things to do,

Pace the home, where to begin from.

Booties and mittens is what I had for you,

And that’s where I begin this time too,

Mother’s recipe, savouries of your choice,

Oh dear! I yearn to hear your little ones voice.

How long your stay would be, I see not,

But, every moment of it I shall cherish,

That I’ve promised myself and the whole lot,

For, soon, in a mundane rut, how we perish.

No comments: